Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1: Still Packing...AHH!

Well, it is approximately 10:30PM on June 1st and I am still packing.  Once a procrastinator, always a procrastinator.  Not only am I still packing, but I cannot believe I am leaving tomorrow to go to Ireland for sixteen days!!  When I turned my application into the Center for Global Learning and got accepted into the program in March I was excited, when I learned I won a scholarship to cover the programs costs I was ecstatic, but describing my feelings as excited or ecstatic now doesn’t even cut it!  Above all, I am simply shocked.  I mean sure, I have traveled outside the United Stated to Canada and the Caribbean, but never to Europe.  I am curious as to if I will feel like I am just in a different state with more green and Irish accents or if it will really hit me that I am in an entirely different country.
 I can’t wait J Tomorrow!  Tomorrow!  Tomorrow!
So back to the packing: my mom always calls me a bag lady because I am always carrying a million bags and my friends tell me that I remind them of a mom because I am always carrying miscellaneous things like Band-Aids or extra drinks.  I took two giant suitcases on a seven day vacation; imagine my paranoia when it was recommended that I pack one medium size suitcase, which I should be able to carry, for sixteen days!

AHHHH! 


Surprisingly, I am doing pretty well.  I packed mostly everything in a medium size suitcase which I plan on checking once I get to the airport.   I am also taking a smaller carry-on suitcase with a few articles of clothing in case my larger suitcase gets lost (I probably just jinxed myself) and because I will need room for souvenirs!  Who goes to Ireland without bringing anything back?
Well, I should probably finish packing now.  I do not want to forget anything important like my passport or camera.  Hope you are excited to hear about the rest of my Celtic Adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment